Bachelor of Arts in English
Majors in English may lead to the Bachelor of Arts in English.
Minors in English and creative writing each require 18 hours of coursework.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the English program, graduates will be able to:
- Produce research projects in literary analysis, cultural studies, pedagogy, and/or digital humanities.
- Demonstrate knowledge about literature, critical approaches, and literary periods.
- Analyze literature via close reading.
- Recognize and discuss standard and non-standard Englishes.
- Apply literary theory in cultural studies.