M.A. in English from Arkansas State University
B.A. in Computer Science with a minor in English from Arkansas State University
Jennifer Stewart received her B.A. in Computer Science and M.A. in English from Arkansas State University, where she specialized in Restoration and 18th century literature, technical writing and composition pedagogy. Her current teaching and research interests are focused in student learning in the online environment. She has developed and taught over 6 different online classes, including World Literature I and II, English I and II, Technical Writing, and Writing for the Workplace.
Master of Arts in English
Arkansas State University-Jonesboro; graduated in May 2005
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
Arkansas State University-Jonesboro; graduated in May 2003 with honors. Minor in English
University Teaching Experience
- University of Arkansas-Fort Smith: English, Rhetoric, and Writing Department. Aug. 2008 - Present
- Black River Technical College: English Department. Aug. 2006 - Present
- Arkansas State University-Jonesboro: English Department. June 2005 - May 2008
Classes Taught (Course Name. Number of Sections Taught. Date Last Taught)
- Composition I. 25 sections. Fall 2017
- Composition II. 22 sections. Spring 2017
- Writing for the Workplace. 22 sections. Fall 2017
- Introduction to World Literature I. 12 sections. Summer 2017
- Introduction to World Literature II. 19 sections. Fall 2017
- Technical Writing. 4 sections. Spring 2010
- College Choices: Academic Probation Class. 3 sections. Spring 2008
- First Year Experience: Making Connections. 2 sections. Fall 2007
- Language Development. 2 sections. Fall 2007
- Writing Tutorial. 2 sections. Spring 2005
- Multimedia study materials for instructors using: Lamm, Robert, and Justin Everett. Dynamic Argument. Boston: Cengage Learning, 2006.
- “I’m Always Looking into Fields: An Interview with Jo McDougall.” Monika Hooper and Jennifer Stewart. Arkansas Review: A Journal of Delta Studies. 36.2 (2005): 124-136.
- “Book Review of Tamara Pierce’s Trickster’s Choice.” Sparks: Children’s Book Review Online Journal. 3.1 (2005).
- Camp Ready, Set, Go! Program Analysis: Physiological Analysis and Survey Results. Hollie Huckabee, Crystal McDaniel, Jennifer Stewart, and Patrick Stewart. Presented at the 2006 Arkansas Conference on Nutrition & Physical Activity. August 3.
- Myth and Memory in John Dufresne’s Louisiana Power and Light and Deep in the Shade of Paradise. Presented at the 2006 Delta Blues Symposium in Jonesboro, AR. March 27.
- Imagining the Delta: The Vietnam War, the South, and Bobbie Ann Mason’s In Country. Presented at the 2005 Delta Blues Symposium in Jonesboro, AR. April 7.
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. Presented to members of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville. October 30-31, 2013.
- Marie Antoinette: Scandal A La Mode. Presented to members of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville. June 3, 2013.
Academic Certifications, Trainings, and Technologies
- AP English Language and Composition Rater. Certification expires February 17, 2026
- SAT Rater. Certification expires March 20, 2017
- AP English Language and Composition Exam Reading. Kansas City, MO. June 11-17, 2016
- Online Course Quality Improvement Training. 7 week online class for web instructors at Black River Technical College. Summer 2016
- ENGL 5973: Teaching Writing Online. 3 credit hour graduate level class at the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville. Learned and utilized the following technologies for developing online classes: Drupal, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), and HTML. Spring 2014
- Ensemble Video Management. Attended targeted training at UAFS. 2014
- Blackboard Gradebook. Attended targeted training at UAFS. 2010
- Camtasia. Attended targeted training at UAFS. 2010
- Blackboard. 2010-Present
- Moodle. 2011-Present
Academic and Community Involvement
- Ozark Literacy Council. Volunteer English Tutor and Conversation Partner. 2012-2014
- Sigma Tau Delta. English Honor Society
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon. Computer Science Honor Society
- Association for Computing Machines