Spanish with Teacher Licensure
UAFS MIssion Statement
The vision of the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith is to “prepare students to succeed in an ever-changing global world while advancing economic development and quality of place.” The University’s mission is that “UAFS will be a national model for preparing students for workforce mobility through education and professional development while serving as the thought leader in the region for workforce training.”
Bachelor of Science in Spanish with Teacher Licensure K-12
Graduates with the Bachelor of Science in Spanish with Teacher Licensure K-12 have a direct impact on the youth of our region. Holding positions in area junior highs and high schools, and private and public institutions, our graduates contribute to the world-embracing vision of present and future generations.
“El lenguaje no sólo describe la realidad, sino que además es capaz de crearla. Nuestra forma de hablarnos a nosotros mismos afecta tremendamente a nuestra manera de relacionarnos con el mundo.” ~Mario Alonso Puig
Spanish BS with Teacher Licensure K-12 Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the B.S. in Spanish with Teacher Licensure, students will be able to:
- Speak in Spanish at an Intermediate-High level or above (ACTFL).
- Research and write at an Advanced-Low level (ACTFL).
- Demonstrate a metacognitive awareness of the main features of the Spanish language.
- Participate in multilingual communities at home and around the world.
- Apply instructional skills in teaching the Spanish Language.