UAFS Summer Band Camp
The UAFS Summer Band Camp is a one-week exciting camp where students are immersed in the art of music-making.
- Students entering grades 7 - 12.
- Play a flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe, horn, bassoon, alto, tenor or bari saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone, euphonium, tuba or percussion
- Students must provide their own instrument (excluding percussion).
Activities and Events
- Master classes and sectionals
- Group warm-ups
- Review of regional etudes and material
- Chamber ensembles
- Solo repertoire study
- Evening recreational activities, including movie night, bowling and talent night for all residential and day campers
Summer Band Camp is under the direction of Dr. Alexandra Zacharella, Director of Bands at UAFS. Daily sectionals and master classes will be taught by an energetic faculty of highly skilled musicians and educators including the UAFS Music Faculty.
For More Information
Dr. Alexandra Zacharella
- Housing check-in for residential students begins Sunday, June 9, 4:00pm – 5:00pm. Residential students will stay in The Lion’s Den dormitory.
- Commuter check-in begins on Monday, June 10, at 8:00am in Breedlove Building, room 114.
- The camp runs daily June 10-14.
- The camp culminates in a final concert at 6:00pm on Friday, June 14, in Breedlove Auditorium on the UAFS campus.
- Commuter cost, which includes a daily lunch buffet in The Lion’s Den dining hall = $210. Typical lunch buffet includes pizza, sandwiches, salads, desserts, burgers and hot lunches.
- Residential cost, which includes meals and housing = $410
- Cost of the camp includes a t-shirt, which will be worn on the final day of the camp.
- Scholarships—$60 for members of All-State Band or Jazz Band.
- All-State discount $60.
$30 for members of All-Region Band or Jazz Band. Scholarships cannot be combined.
The registration form may be downloaded and mailed in with a check to: (PDF will open in a new tab)
UAFS Summer Music Camps
P.O. Box 3649
Fort Smith, AR 72913-3649
Or can be hand-delivered to:
UAFS Department of Music
Breedlove Building, Room 200
Registration open until 1 pm on Monday, June 3rd, 2019
Applications must be received no later than Monday, June 3, 2019. To ensure registration, application must be accompanied by a $50 non- refundable deposit. Full payment of camp fees must be received prior to start of camp. The signed Medical Release Form, Release and Indemnification Agreement and Photo Release must be received before the start of camp. The final date to request a full refund of fees (excluding the non-refundable deposit) is June 3, 2019. No refunds will be given after this date. Additional applications may be obtained at class.uafs.edu/music-camps.