Elementary Education (K-6)
Bachelor of Science
Leave a lasting legacy and enjoy a rewarding career in education by earning your Bachelor of Science in elementary education (K-6) from the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith.
What can I do with a Bachelor of Science in elementary education?
- Alma Public Schools
- Broken Arrow Public Schools
- Chico Public Schools
- Fort Smith Public Schools
- Greenwood Public Schools
- Hackett Public Schools
- Highland Park Public Schools
- Lavaca Public Schools
- Magnolia Public Schools
- Sallisaw Public Schools
- Waldron Public Schools
Program Learning Outcomes
- Current Knowledge: Demonstrate content knowledge by completing the appropriate PRAXIS II content exam.
- Learning & Learning: Demonstrate an appropriate response to diversity in the classroom by completing a diversity case study.
- Instructional Planning and Practice: Successfully develop and implement an integrated unit of study.
- Professional Responsibility: Successfully collaborate with colleagues, families, and community members which will be evaluated by an end-of-program portfolio presentation of an artifact.
Accreditation by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation is a seal of approval that assures quality in educator preparation. Accreditation makes sure that educator programs prepare new teachers to know their subjects, their students, and have the clinical training that allows them to enter the classroom ready to teach effectively.